Though plastic bag is light in weight and, resistant, waterproof and free, there are many other characteristics of which you must be aware of:
- The production is based on polypropylenes and polyethylene, oil-derived materials which pollute our atmosphere with CO2 emissions.
- The deadly particles of its degradation pollute the water and ground
- It is expected that over more than million plastic bags are used every minute around the world.
Tips to Avoid the Use of Plastic Bags
- Try to take the items by hand. If you buy very few items, do not use the bag and carry them in your hands. If you shop with family, or friends, let everyone carry an item to the car.
- Ask for the purchases not to be double-bagged and persuade the sales clerk to place extra items into every bag. Such step will lower the use of plastic bags per shopping trip.
- Throw a few string bags or canvas in your purse or car. When shopping, use them instead of plastic bags. Reusable bags are accessible in different colors, styles and sizes. Search a bag of your choice which you can carry and make sure that you never forget it when you go shopping.
- Items such as milk and cat litter usually come in containers with built in handles. Use these handles to transport the purchases instead of resorting to plastic bags.
Some Basic Tips to Avoid Plastic
- Do Some Baking: Most of the baked goods which usually come packed in plastic can be made easily available at home. Products like cookies and bread can be a good example. Bread makers turn baking bread as an easy task and are simple to search at local thrift stores and garage sales.
- Clean the Plastic: You must clean the waste plastic glasses, aluminum and plastic containers before you send it to the recycling house.
- Always Carry a Reusable Water Bottle: Most of the time you can feel thirsty, so ensure to carry a reusable water bottle with you. Never forget that Nalgene bottles are made of polycarbonate, which is a type of plastic and is likely to have many adverse health effects.
- Children can Make Stuff with Plastic: Include small children in art and craft activities where they can show their creative skills by reusing or discovering new things with waste plastic items. It can come out to be an interesting way to activate children’s power of creativity and engage them in fun activities.
By all these simple yet effective tips to avoid the use of plastic bags, you can really contribute to make a healthy environment and save a lot of money.
Did you like this? Share it: